Choosing a Fish Tank
Siamese fighting fish or betta fish are wonderful aquatic creatures which fish lovers like to keep in their aquariums. When you have your fish living in an ideal environment, it displays their unique pleasant personality which is a wonderful thing to watch. Here, an ideal environment means a proper tank equipped with standard accessories for fishes
There are lots of fish tanks with several designs, shapes and sizes in the market today. But you must buy a tank which is comfortable for your betta fish. Otherwise, there’s a chance stress will set in and as a result, your fish will struggle and will get sick.
Below are few tips to buy a proper tank for your fighter fish.
- The shape of the ideal fish tank should ideally be square. This is because you can easily fix a heater or a filter to the tank. The tanks which come in various shapes may pose a threat to your betta fish. Make sure that the ideal tank you are going to choose for your fish is made from either glass or acrylic material. Fish tanks which are made using other materials may react with water.
- The ideal fish tank for your betta fish must accommodate a good amount of water. Even fish tanks holding up to 20 litres of water can provide a comfortable living environment to a full-grown fighter fish. Betta fish likes vast space so it can swim freely. But if you decide on a fish tank that can take less than 20 litres of water, it will only increase the number of toxic elements such as ammonia which are very hazardous to the health of your fish.
- This is one of the important things you must remember while looking for the ideal tank for your fighter fish. Make sure the fish tank you are going to buy has a cover on it so your wonderful fish cannot jump out of the tank and as a result, die later.
- If your pet fish is betta fish, then buying bowl to house them is not an option. First, you will struggle to fix accessories like a heater or filter to the body of the tank. Secondly, most fish bowls can only take water bodies or less than 20 litres only. As a result, bowls are unsuitable for your fish to live in.
- Some fish tanks come with in-built filters and heaters. Although such tanks are expensive, they will not only provide a healthy environment for your betta fish but also, enable you to do water changes less frequently.
SeaClear Acrylic Aquarium Tank
SeaClear Acrylic aquarium tank is a well constructed and sturdy tank.
It is basically one of the oldest and most trusted names in the aquarium industry. It comes in a different range of sizes, mostly from 15 to 50 gallons. SeaClear aquarium is leak-proof because it is made from acrylic and it is safe for both freshwater and saltwater use. It is easier to see through SeaClear. It is very durable and attractive. It has rounded corners and it is very easy to clean.
Marineland Contour Glass Aquarium
Marineland contour glass aquarium
The aquarium has an amazing design that will show off your fish at night and during the day. This aquarium is highly recommended and it is the perfect choice for a betta fish. It is designed in a sleek modern design and it is available in 3 and 5 gallon sizes.
Fluval Spec V 5-gallon aquarium
Fluval Spec V 5-gallon aquarium
Made from the durable etched glass with a contemporary design, the Fluval Spec V 5-Gallon Aquarium Kit is an impressive tank for its size. With an integrated 3-stage filtration system and included LED light fixture, this tank comes with everything you need to get started. Its 5-gallon capacity is large enough for several small fish but not so large that it takes up a lot of space in your home.
Ciano BLACK Aqua 60 LED Tropical Glass Aquarium
This large capacity tank allows wastes and toxins to be more diluted, hence decreasing the danger that they might impact on the fishes.
It is designed from a resistant glass and it takes a rectangular shape. It comes with a filtration system, an LED light fixture and a mini heater. It comes with artificial plants. All you have to do is to add your fish and gravel to the tank and you are good to go.
SCA Starfire 50-Gallon Glass Aquarium
SCA Starfire 50-Gallon glass aquarium
This tanks help to maintain the water quality because of its three-stage filtration system. In order to facilitate water flow in this type of tank, you need a systems of powerheads.
It has enough storage space and it is highly durable. You don’t have to worry about leaks or cracks. This tank comes with a heavy-duty cabinet containing other types of equipment that will help in setting the aquarium.